How to Apply for the Cyprus Investment Programme
Applying for the Cyprus Investment Programme is a transparent and safe procedure. The excellent living conditions of the island attract foreign investors not only as a holiday destination but also as a potential place of relocation and family living. Becoming a citizen of Cyprus means that residents can enjoy low crime rates, democratic prices and small cultural differences (for example, in Cyprus, as in the CIS countries, the Orthodox religion is widespread). Moreover, Cyprus is a member-state of the European Union, providing access to the free movement of workers, goods, services and people.
HOW TO APPLY: INVESTMENT OPTIONS
Option 1: Investment in real estate, land under development and infrastructure projects
- The Applicant has made an investment of at least €2,000,000 (excluding VAT and any transfer duties on land purchases)
- The investment must involve the purchase or construction of buildings or for the construction of other land development projects (residential or commercial developments or developments in the tourism sector) or other infrastructure projects, including properties purchased after their initial sale (i.e. re-sales)
Option 2: Purchase or establishment or participation in Cypriot companies or businesses
- The Applicant has made a purchase or has participated in companies or organisations established and operating in Cyprus with investment costs of at least €2m.
- The invested funds must be channelled towards the financing of the investment objectives of these companies exclusively in Cyprus, based on a specific investment plan.
- Such companies or organisations must have proven physical presence in Cyprus, with significant activity and turnover and employ at least five (5) Cypriot or citizens of European Union member-states.
- The minimum number of employees will be increased if more than one applicant invests simultaneously (or almost Simultaneously) in the same business or company.
Option 3: : Investment in Alternative Investment Funds (“AIFs”) or financial assets of Cypriot companies or Cypriot organisations that are licensed by the
Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (“CySec”)
- The Applicant has bought units with a value of at least €2m, from AIFs established in Cyprus and which are licensed and supervised by CySec.
- These investments must be made in Cyprus exclusively.
- These investments must meet the criteria of the Scheme or in areas approved by the Minister of Finance.
Option 4: Combination of the above investments
- The Applicant may proceed with a combination of the above investments, provided that the total investment will amount up to at least €2m.
- Within this option (combination of investments) the Applicant may purchase special government bonds of the Republic of Cyprus, up to €500.000,
which will be issued by the Public Debt Management Office of the Ministry of Finance, on condition that the investor will retain these bonds for a three year period.
- The characteristics and the terms of these special bonds will be determined by the General and Special Issue Terms of the Government Bonds of the Republic.
• Investments in government bonds through the secondary market are not considered eligible.